Aetna is the brand name used for products and services provided by one or more of the Aetna group of companies, including Aetna Life Insurance Company and its affiliates (Aetna). Health benefits and health insurance plans contain exclusions and limitations.
- Fee: For Dermatology Consultation, the copay is $0. The first follow-up within 7 days of initial dermatology consultation also has a copay of $0.
- Aetna Better Health of Florida provides affordable health coverage to children in communities across the state. Our contracted providers are committed to helping you manage your child’s healthcare. Florida Healthy Kids is a public/private partnership that provides affordable, comprehensive health insurance for school-age children ages 5.
Talk to a doctor by phone or video, anywhere, anytime.
Teladoc® is already part of your AlaskaCare Employee Health Plan. You can talk to a doctor in minutes. AlaskaCare Employee Health Plan members have 24/7/365 access to health care for non-emergency conditions by web, phone or mobile app. For example, if you have symptoms of the flu, you can contact Teladoc® and a doctor can evaluate and help with next steps when necessary.
The AlaskaCare Employee Health Plan has partnered with Teladoc® since September 1, 2018 to provide you with a convenient and affordable way to receive quality medical care.
Effective March 9, 2020, AlaskaCare Retiree Health Plan members will have temporary access to Teladoc general medical care with a $0 copay.
All Teladoc® doctors are board-certified, state-licensed and can treat many health issues, including:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Skin problems
- Respiratory infections
- Sore throat
- Sinus problems
- ...and more!
How to use Teladoc®
To utilize the benefit, begin by registering your Teladoc® account. There are three ways to register:
- Online: Teladoc.com/Aetna
- Mobile App: Teladoc.com/mobile
- Phone: (855) -Teladoc (835-2362)
During registration, you’ll complete your medical history so when you need Teladoc®, it will be fast and easy. Watch a short video to discover more.
General Medical Consultation
Teladoc® is another alternative to accessing medical care for your non-emergent symptoms 24/7/365. Teladoc® is a convenient and affordable healthcare alternative to expensive and time-consuming E.R. visits or after-hour periods where care is difficult to find. All Teladoc® doctors are board-certified, state-licensed, and can even send a prescription straight to your nearest pharmacy when medically necessary!
Fee: For General Medical Consultation, the copay 1s $0.
There’s no reason to wait weeks for the skin care you need. Teladoc® can resolve your skin issues within days by web or mobile app. Licensed dermatologists can treat ongoing or complex skin conditions like psoriasis, skin infection, rosacea, suspicious moles, and many more—quickly, conveniently, and discreetly.
Fee: For Dermatology Consultation, the copay is $0. The first follow-up within 7 days of initial dermatology consultation also has a copay of $0.
Aetna Dermatologist Copay Card
As a caregiver for a loved one, you have enough to worry about. That’s why Teladoc® gives you a convenient and affordable way to provide care, letting you arrange a 2- or 3-way video or phone visit with a licensed doctor 24/7 for just $45/visit. Add the individual you care for to your Teladoc® account, even if they’re not covered by your health plan.
Fee: $45 for Caregiver Consultation Fee. This optional service is not covered under the plan and is the members responsibility to pay in full.
Aetna Dermatology Copay
- What is Teladoc®?
- Teladoc® is the first and largest provider of telehealth medical consults in the United States, giving you 24/7/365 access to quality medical care through phone and video consults.
- Who are the Teladoc® doctors?
- Teladoc® doctors are U.S. board certified in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Pediatrics. They average 20 years practice experience, are licensed in your state, and incorporate Teladoc® into their day-to-day practice as a way to provide people with convenient access to quality medical care.
- Does Teladoc® replace my doctor?
- No. Teladoc does not replace your primary care physician. Teladoc should be used when you need immediate care for non-emergent medical issues. It is an affordable, convenient alternative to urgent care and ER visits.
- What kind of medical care does Teladoc® provide?
- Teladoc® provides adult and pediatric general medical care.
- What consult methods are available?
- You can talk with a Teladoc® doctor via a phone consult, video consult within the secure member portal, or video consult within the Teladoc® mobile app.
- How do I set up my Teladoc® account?
- Setting up your account is a quick and easy online process. Visit the Teladoc® website and click “Set Up Account”. Follow the online instructions.
- How do I request a consult to talk to a doctor?
- Visit the Teladoc® website, log into your account and click “Request a Consult”. You can also call Teladoc at (855) 835-2362 to request a consult by phone.
- How quickly can I talk to the doctor?
- The doctor will call you back in minutes. If you miss the doctor’s call—whether you are away from the phone or you have anonymous call blocker on—you will be returned to the bottom of the waiting list. The consult request is cancelled if you miss three calls.
- Is there a time limit when talking with a doctor?
- There is no time limit for consults.
- Can Teladoc® doctors write a prescription?
- Yes, Teladoc® doctors can prescribe short-term medication for a wide range of conditions when medically appropriate. Teladoc® doctors do not prescribe substances controlled by the DEA, non-therapeutic and/or certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential abuse.
- How do I pay for a prescription called in by Teladoc®?
- When you go to your pharmacy of choice to pick up the prescription, you may use your health/prescription insurance card to help pay for the medication. You will be responsible for the co-pay based on the type of medication and your plan benefits.
- Is the consult fee the same price, regardless of the time?
- Yes! Teladoc® charges one flat rate per consult.
- How do I pay for the consult?
- You can pay with your credit card, prepaid debit card or by PayPal.
- If the Teladoc® doctor recommends that I see my primary care physician or a specialist, do I still have to pay the Teladoc® consult fee?
- Yes. Just like any doctor appointment, you must pay for the consulting doctor’s time.
- Can I provide consult information to my doctor?
- Yes. You have access to your electronic medical record at any time. Download a copy online from your account or call Teladoc® and ask to have your medical record mailed or faxed to you.