We’ve created an optional Mastin Labs workspace that you can install into Capture One that provides you with only the tools you need to get a consistently beautiful edit, organized in a logical and easy-to-follow layout.
Join David and Kirk Mastin from Mastin Labs to see how Mastin Labs styles work perfectly with Capture One. Capture One Desktop Styles Dial-in your edit, streamline your workflow, and create consistent, true-to-film images every time with our collection of Capture One Styles. Find your look below. Capture One Pro 12. Join David with Kirk Mastin to get an introduction to Mastin Labs for Capture One. Learn about: How Mastin Labs system works perfectly with Capture One Practical help to get the best results with Mastin Labs Inspiration from Kirk. We’ve created an optional Mastin Labs workspace that you can install into Capture One that provides you with only the tools you need to get a consistently beautiful edit, organized in a logical and easy-to-follow layout. How to Install the Capture One Optional Workspace for Windows Download the Mastin Labs Workspace for Windows. Length: 60:00 minutes Mastin Labs have now released their second pack for Capture One, Fujicolor Original. Join this interactive webinar to show you how to.
How to Install the Capture One Optional Workspace for Windows
- Unzip the downloaded file 'Mastin-Labs_Capture-One-Workspace_Windows.zip'
- Close Capture One (if open)
- Copy the file path C:Users*username*AppDataLocalCaptureOne and paste it into a window. Replace *username* with yours and press Enter. Update the Drive letter at the front of the file path if you installed Capture One on a different drive.
- Copy the 'Mastin Labs Capture One Workspace.xml' file you unzipped and paste it into the 'Workspaces130' folder. If you do not see that folder, paste the file into the 'Workspaces' folder.
- Start Capture One. Place your cursor over 'Window' at the top of the screen, and then over 'Workspace' in the dropdown menu. Click on 'Mastin Labs Workspace' at the bottom of the second submenu.
If you are still experiencing issues, send an email to [email protected]
How did we do?
Before we begin editing your first image, let's get set up for success!
- Install your Mastin Labs style pack: Installation guide
- Install the Mastin Labs Workspace: Installation guide for Mac, Windows
- Time to edit!
We recommend the following workflow:
- Right-click on the (…) button on the Styles and Style tool window and click on ‘Stack Styles.’ This allows you to use every part of the Mastin Labs Style system together, including tone profiles, etc:
- Select an image in your library and apply a film Style. Always do this before adjusting exposure, temperature, tint, or any other setting in Capture One:
- After applying a film Style, adjust exposure, temperature, and tint as needed to get the look you want for your image:
- An optional step is to apply a Tone Profile and/or Grain to your image. Tone Profiles adjust the contrast in highlights, shadows, or both at the same time, and are useful for tricky lighting situations and extreme contrast:
- Lastly, you can apply ‘Lens Correction On’ to remove lens vignetting and distortion from your image: