Recover All File Formats Recover any file or folder or reconstruct 200+ file types with multiple recovery methods. All Major Devices Supported Connect your storage device & recover data in minutes. Disk Drill supports iOS and Android. No Expert Skills Needed Download Disk Drill, a do-it-yourself. Disk Drill is a useful and easy-to-use data recovery program which can be very useful for more novice users or simply for people who like a combination of beauty and functionality with a simple interface. Disk Drill is software which can protect from data loss. Features and highlights. Recover data from virtually any storage device. Disk Drill 4 for Mac is a data recovery software solution developed by CleverFiles, a software company that’s also responsible for the Windows version of Disk Drill. If you’re not familiar with data recovery software, all you really need to know is that Disk Drill 4 for Mac can undelete even those files that the macOS operating system can.
|Operating system||macOS and Windows|
|License||Free (up to 500MB)|
Disk Drill Basic is a freeware version of Disk Drill, a data recovery utility for Windows and macOS, developed by Cleverfiles. Disk Drill Basic was introduced in 2010 and was primarily designed to recover deleted or lost files from hard disk drives, USB flash drives and SSD drives with the help of Recovery Vault technology. In 2015 CleverFiles released Disk Drill for Windows.
The core of Disk Drill Basic is a Recovery Vault technology which allows to recover data from a medium that was secured by Recovery Vault beforehand.Recovery Vault runs as a background service and remembers all metadata and properties of the deleted data. Thus making it possible to restore deleted files with their original file names and location.
Supported file systems
The Mac version of Disk Drill Basic provides recovery from HFS/HFS+ and FAT disks/partitions (only the paid Pro version can actually recover files, the Free version will only allow Previewing files).
In August 2016, Disk Drill 3 announces support of macOS Sierra.
Disk Drill Basic can be also used as a backup utility for creating copies of the disk or partition in DMG images format.
Version for Windows
In February 2015, CleverFiles have launched a Windows version of its data recovery software for macOS. While in beta, Disk Drill for Windows is licensed as a freeware and allows to recover the deleted files from storage devices that can be accessed from Windows PC. Disk Drill for Windows also includes the Recovery Vault technology and works on any Windows XP system or newer (Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10). The software is compatible with FAT and NTFS, as well as HFS+ and EXT2/3/4 file systems.
In September 2016, CleverFiles have announced the immediate availability of Disk Drill 2 for Windows, the new version of the expert-level data recovery app.
|Version||Platform||Release date||Notes and significant changes|
|1.0.47 Beta||Macintosh||September 2010|
|1.0.52 Beta||Macintosh||September 2010|
|2.0 ||Macintosh||May 2013|
|2.4.437 ||Macintosh||December 2015|
|1.0 ||Windows||February 2015|
|1.0.188 ||Windows||June 2015|
|3.0.756 ||Macintosh||September 2016|
|4.0.123 ||macOS||October 2020|
- ^Derek Schauland (2011-02-08). 'Cleverfiles Disk Drill file recovery for the Mac'.
- ^Cody Fink (2010-12-15). 'Disk Drill Is An Amazingly Simple Recovery App For HDDs'.
- ^'Disk Drill 1.0.52 Beta – first public release'. 2010-10-05.
- ^'Why is Recovery Vault important?'. 2010-09-12.
- ^'Mac recovery tool Disk Drill comes to Windows'. 2015-03-10.
- ^Steven Sande (2011-05-08). 'Disk Drill protects your Mac disks, recovers files'.
- ^Simon Slangen (2010-09-10). 'Disk Drill: Easily Protect and Recover Your Hard Drive Data'.
- ^'Disk Drill 3 Offers macOS Sierra Compatibility'. 2016-08-31.
- ^'Protect Your Mac Data And Recover Lost Data With Disk Drill'. 2012-04-23.
- ^Martin Brinkmann (2015-03-03). 'Mac Data Recovery Software Disk Drill ported to Windows'.
- ^Tim Fisher (2016-09-01). 'Disk Drill v2.0 Review'.
- ^Erica Sadun (2013-05-23). 'Disk Drill file recovery app moves to 2.0 release'.
- ^Iulia Ivan (2015-12-14). 'Disk Drill for Mac 2.4.437'.
- ^Vamien McKalin (2015-03-09). 'Recover accidentally deleted Files with Disk Drill for Windows'.
- ^Marina Dan (2015-03-03). 'Disk Drill 18.104.22.168'.
- ^Mike Williams (2015-06-15). 'Disk Drill 1.0.188'.
- ^Riccardo Meggiato (2015-06-15). 'Disk Drill 3'.
- ^Filipe Espósito (2020-10-06). 'Disk Drill 4 for Mac gets major update with T2 chip support, RAW photo recovery, more'.