Especially fashion sketching. The great thing about My Body Model is that you can create a croquis that actually looks like your body. So, when you sketch using this croquis, you get a much more accurate idea of what the design would look like on your unique proportions. Lay tracing paper over a full-body picture of a model from a magazine. Trace around the perimeter.
- How To Sketch For Fashion
- Body To Draw Clothes On
- Sketches Of Body Fashion
- Fashion Body Sketch Templates
Hi, Today I want to show best method for drawing female fashion figure. I have already shared another method for figure drawing (Planning Fashion Figure Body , Drawing Fashion Figures Muscles) but this one is more advanced. In this method, first you will learn how to draw skeletal shape of the body. Then you will learn how to draw the curves of women body.
Advanced Fashion Drawing Tips for beginners
- Draw a vertical line on the center of the paper. It is your balance line. It also called plumb line.
- Divide it to 8.5 equal section.
- On the first section draw a head.
- Draw the shoulder line on the middle of the second section.
Note : The head length is the body length measurement unit and head width is body width measurement unit.
Fashion Figures Head
- The head width is 2/3 head length. divide head length to 3 equal section.
- In the first section mark 1/3 head length.
- Draw a semicircle in the first part.
- At the bottom of last section, draw tiny horizontal line for chin.
- Draw vertical lines form 1/3 to 2/3 then attach them to the both side of chin.
This is upside down egg shape.
Designing the basic shape of fashion figure
- The shoulder width is equal to 2 head width. mark 1 head width on both side of plumb line.
- The waist width is equal to 1 1/4 head width. mark it on the waist line.
- The hip width is equal to shoulder width. mark 1 head width on the both side of plumb line.
- Draw torso by connecting shoulder line to waist line and then to the hip line.
Joint placement and size
Note : For all joint draw small circle, in 1/4 head width.
- Draw two small circle on the both end of shoulder line.
- on the knee line mark 1/2 head width. These two point are the center of kneecap circles. Draw circles.
- Slightly above the hip line Draw hip joint.
- Draw ankle’s joint with little distance form plumb line.
Drawing the basic shape of the foot
- draw a line form the hip joint to the knee.
- For indicating calf muscles, divide the leg approximately three equal parts. Draw line with gentle slope to one third down and then connect it to ankle joint.
- Not its turn of the feet and toes. The width of the toe is 1/2 head width. Mark it on the both side.
- For figure’s toes, draw small triangular shape.
Drawing the basic shape of the hand
- First of all your should draw small circles for elbow and wrist joints . When hands hangs down the elbow is the level of waistline and wrist is the level of hip line.
- Draw circle for these joint.
- Then connect the arm socket circle to elbow and wrist joint.
- The hand is equal to 3/4 head width. Draw the hand as slim half-circle.
The basic shape of 8.5 head proportion fashion Figure is completed. Flow the steps bellow to develop your sketch.
Developing Your Fashion Figure
For drawing muscles you should first specify the exact location of base of the neck, armpit, end of the rib cage and ridge of the hip.
Divide the distance between chin and bust( shoulder and bust line) to 3 equal section.
- The first 1/3 is the starting point of shoulder slope.
- The second 1/3 is under the shoulder joint.
- The half way between the last 1/3 is the armpit and starting point of the bust shape.
Divide the distance between bust-line and waistline to 3 equal sections. Then do the same process for waist to hip.
- 1/3 up the waistline : end of the rib cage
- First 1/3 down the waistline : starting of ridge of hip
- Second 1/3 down the waistline : panty line
Drawing women’s muscles and body curves
- The width of the neck is 1/2 width of the head. Connect the neckline form the head to starting point of shoulder slop.
- With gentle slope attach it to the shoulder end.
- Draw The clavicle bones slightly lower than the shoulder line.
- For drawing torso start from the armpit.
- Near the armpit, draw the bust form in half-circle shape.
- Indicate the nipples slightly lower than bust-line and slightly to out, with little + .
How To Draw fashion figures foot
- Draw a little line for crotch which is located 1-2mm down lower than hip-line.
- Draw the hip bone on both side then draw a panty for your figure.
- Draw the inside of leg, when you reach the kneecap, move inside.
- Draw the outside of leg from hip to 2-3 mm above the knee joint.
- Draw the outside of leg curving out in calf muscles and in at the ankle.
- Draw the inside muscles with the lower muscles going out and the ankle slightly higher than outside ankle.
- Indicate the shoe on the foot.
- Indicate the knee on the both legs.
Drawing fashion figures hand
- Draw the outer side of arm near to skeletal shape.
- Then draw inside of hand.
- For the hand just indicate the fingers and thumb. The complete tutorial hand will be published shortly.
Congratulations, the design of the figure has just come to an end. You need to practice more. In the next post you will learn how to draw fashion figure hands.
Manfred Thierry Mugler
21 December 1948 (age 72)
|Known for||Angel fragrance, perfumes, Demi Moore's dress from Indecent Proposal|
Manfred Thierry Mugler (French pronunciation: [tjɛʁi myɡlɛʁ]; born 21 December 1948) is a French fashion designer.
Early life and education
How To Sketch For Fashion
Mugler was born in Strasbourg, France. His passion led him to focus more on drawing than on school, and at the age of 9, he began to study classical dance. By 14, he joined the ballet corps for the Rhin Opera (Opéra national du Rhin).
At the same time, Mugler began formal interior design training at the Strasbourg School of Decorative Arts.
At the age of 24, Mugler moved to Paris, France. He began designing clothes for Parisian boutique, Gudule. At 26, Mugler, who was working as a freelance designer, began to design for a variety of large ready-to-wearfashion houses in Paris, Milan, London and Barcelona.
In 1973, Mugler created his first personal collection called 'Café de Paris'. The style of the collection was both sophisticated and urban. Melka Tréanton, a powerful fashion editor, helped to launch his career. In 1976, she asked him to show his work in Tokyo for an event organized by Shiseido. In 1978, he opened his first Paris boutique at the Place des Victoires in the 1er Arrondissement. At the same time, Thierry Mugler launched a fashion collection for men.
During the 1980s and 1990s, Thierry Mugler became an internationally recognized designer, and his collections garnered much commercial success. At the request of the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture, he completed his first haute couture collection in 1992.
He designed the dresses of Viktor Lazlo for Hosting Eurovision 1987Throwback Thursday: 1987.
Body To Draw Clothes On
He created the famous black dress worn by Demi Moore in the 1993 movie, Indecent Proposal.
Mugler published his first photography book in 1988, Thierry Mugler: Photographer. This was followed by a monograph in 1999 entitled, Fashion Fetish Fantasy which assembles photos of his creations.
Mugler also directs short films, advertising films and video clips. He regularly designs costumes for musical comedies, concerts, operas and the theatre (including Macbeth for the Comédie Française). He has worked with Robert Altman and George Michael (he directed the video for Michael's 'Too Funky' in 1992). He also directed the first advertising film for one of his fragrances, Alien.
Clarins has held the rights to his name Thierry Mugler since 1997.
Retirement from Fashion
Clarins shuttered the ready-to-wear component of Mugler's brand in 2003, due to financial losses; however, they kept the perfume division open as it was profitable. Mugler left fashion in 2002. When asked about the subject he has said: 'Fashion is beautiful, 3-D art on a human being. But it wasn’t enough, which is why I went on to create in other ways. For me, it wasn’t the right tool anymore. But perfume still interests me'.
In 2002 Mugler collaborated with the Cirque du Soleil. He directed 'Extravaganza', one of the scenes of Zumanity, and also created all of the costumes and the identity of the characters in the show.
In 2008 the Mugler brand launched Thierry Mugler Beauty, a high-end line of cosmetics.
In 2009, Mugler worked as artistic advisor to singer Beyoncé. He created the costumes for her 'I Am... World Tour'.
In September 2010, Nicola Formichetti was announced to be the Creative Director of the Thierry Mugler brand. He changed the brand name to MUGLER, removing the first name, and in January 2011, he launched the revival of the brand's menswear collection in collaboration with Romain Kremer.
An April 2010 New York Times story discussed Mugler's cosmetic transformation. '[Mugler has] taken to calling himself Manfred and transformed his body...into what is apparently a 240-pound spectacle of muscle and nipple and tattoo...'
With over two years of being the creative director of MUGLER, Formichetti announced in April 2013 that he and the fashion house will be parting ways. Formichetti left MUGLER to work for the Italian brand Diesel.
In December 2013, House of Mugler announced David Koma as the artistic director.
In 2016, Mugler created and directed the music video and staging for San Marino's Eurovision Song Contest entry I Didn't Know performed by Turkish singer Serhat.
Despite retiring from his brand in 2003, he made the exception to design under his name 'House of Mugler' for the Met gala in 2019, and for a dear friend of his, Kim Kardashian. Getting his inspiration from Sophia Loren in Boy on a Dolphin, Mugler envisioned a wet California girl; hence the creation of the 'wet couture dress'.
Mugler's first perfume appeared in 1992 and was called Angel. 'Angel' contains a combination of praline and chocolate mixed with a strong accord of patchouli. It would be a part of a new fragrance type called gourmand. The Angel bottle, a design in the shape of a faceted star, was created by the Brosse Master Glassmakers. Fans of the fragrance include Diana Ross, Barbara Walters, Eva Mendes, and Hillary Clinton.
In 1996 Mugler followed up Angel with a male version named Angel Men or A*Men. This fragrance includes notes of caramel, coffee, vanilla, patchouli, and honey.
In 2005, Alien was created, the second major Thierry Mugler fragrance. Also in 2005, Thierry Mugler launched the Thierry Mugler Perfume Workshops', which are open to the general public and led by specialists of the perfumery and oenology world.
Angel and Alien together produce about $280 million in sales annually.
In 2010, the fragrance Womanity was released by the house of Mugler.
Mugler's newest fragrance, Angel Muse, was released in 2015.
In 2006, Thierry Mugler completed a project for the launch of Tom Tykwer's film 'Perfume'. In collaboration with the IFF company, Thierry Mugler created a box set of fifteen compositions.
During 2007, still following the metamorphosis theme, Mugler launched Mirror, Mirror, a collection of five fragrances, created as 'perfume-trickery' to 'enhance one’s presence'.
Mugler is openly gay, and is a longtime bodybuilder. Since his departure from fashion he has become notably reclusive, during this time he began going by his first name, Manfred, and began extensive bodybuilding. Speaking on the subject Thierry-Maxime Loriot has said, 'He told me that after he left the fashion industry, it annoyed him when people recognized him. He felt 'Thierry Mugler' was a label, a brand. He wanted to move on to other things'.
Sketches Of Body Fashion
- ^Menkes, Suzy (16 July 2019). 'Manfred Thierry Mugler: Back in Fashion'. British Vogue. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- ^ ab'Mugler Joins the Cirque'. WWD. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- ^ abShardlow, Phoebe (11 February 2019). 'Exploring Thierry Mugler's Everlasting Impact on Fashion'. Elle.
- ^'Window Display Exhibition in Paris to Commemorate the 30th Anniversary of Shiseido Cosmetics Sales in France'(PDF) (Press release). 19 August 2010. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- ^'Turbulence Continues off High Fashion's Runways : Mugler Sets Couture Line'. The New York Times International Edition. 4 February 1992. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- ^Thierry Mugler: Photographer
- ^Thierry Mugler: Fashion Fetish Fantasy
- ^ abWilson, Eric (30 April 2010). 'Thierry Mugler, a Designer Transformed'. The New York Times. p. ST1. ISSN0362-4331.
- ^'Thierry Mugler bids au revoir to couture. (News)'. European Cosmetic Markets. 20 (2). February 2003.
- ^ abFlanagan, Noreen (1 March 2019). 'An Exclusive Interview with Fashion's OG Bad Boy, the Mysterious Manfred Thierry Mugler'. Fashion.
- ^Long, April (28 October 2017). 'Thierry Mugler Glances Back at His Fantastical Past'. Elle.
- ^Foley, Bridget (26 March 2009). 'Thierry Mugler to Design Beyonce Tour'. WWD.
- ^Menkes, Suzy (17 January 2013). 'On top of the world'. The New York Times International Edition. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- ^Socha, Miles (12 December 2013). 'Thierry Mugler Names David Koma Artistic Director'. WWD.
- ^Roxburgh, Gordon (9 March 2016). 'San Marino: Serhat presents 'I Didn't Know''. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- ^Lezmi, Josh (6 May 2019). 'The Inspiration Behind Kim Kardashian's Met Gala Look'. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- ^'Why This Wild '80s Designer Is Making a Comeback'. The Cut. 27 February 2019.
- ^'The Celebrity Fragrance Guide Colognes, Perfumes & Fragrances that Celebrities Wear'. The Celebrity Fragrance Guide.
- ^Wilson, Eric (30 April 2010). 'Thierry Mugler, Still Creating a Stir'. The New York Times International Edition. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- ^'Thierry Mugler'. Vice. 6 April 2010.
Fashion Body Sketch Templates
- Official website[dead link]