Moving from WebStorm/Phpstorm to VS Code
Been a user of Phpstorm/webstorm since long and wish to migrate to VS Code ? Skeptical about changing your IDE or the changes that it might bring along ? Fear not, for we will show you how you could setup VS code to be identical to Phpstorm/webstorm.
Why should you migrate to VS Code ?
I love using Webstorm/Phpstorm and it has been the editor of my choice since several years now. But here are a few advantages that I saw that compelled me try out VS Code –
- VS Code provides the same functionality as Webstorm/Phpstorm
- Free of cost (thanks to Microsoft for making it Open Source)
- It is fast. (In fact, faster than Webstorm/Phpstorm and lighter in terms of RAM usage)
Lets see how to get this IDE setup
Setting Up VS Code
Firstly, you should have installed VS Code. If you haven’t, do so by downloading it from its official source
By default, VS Code does not come with out-of-the-box support for many languages like PHP, Java, Ruby, etc or even frameworks like React, Vue, Svelte, Symfony, etc. Thankfully, there are extensions to support almost every language and framework.
You will find a list of useful extensions which are highly recommended to make your new IDE function just like Phpstorm/Webstorm. In general, to keep your IDE fast, the lesser the number of extensions, the better. Consequently, only the bare essential extensions have been listed.
1. IntelliJ Keybindings
Phpstorm Eslint Typescript
This extension ensures your transition to VS Code to be less cumbersome by allowing you to use the same keyboard shortcuts as you did with WebStorm/PhpStorm.
There are a few exceptions but its much better than having to learn new keyboard combinations all over.
2. IntelliSense for CSS class names in HTML
As the name suggests, this adds auto-complete support for css classes in your html files.
Gitlens is a cool extension that can be used for all your git based tasks. Allows you to check a file’s history, annotate them, explore repositories, see and compare your stashed items and so on.
5. Extensions to Support PHP
- Php Pack – Adds support for Php
- Php Intellisense – Adds autocompletion and refactoring support for Php
- Php-Debug – Adds debug support for php via XDebug
6. Extensions to Support Symfony + Twig
- Symfony – Adds debug/autocomplete support for Symfony
- Twig – Adds support for Twig syntax
- TSLint – Adds support for TSLint
If you’re using docker, then this extension will be your ally. It helps you to build, manage, deploy and debug your containerized applications.
This extension is the equivalent of the Select Opened File button found in PhpStorm/WebStorm. Its adds a similar button to allow you to quickly highlight an open file in the File Explorer/sidebar.
10. Code Formatting
- Prettier – Formats Code with Prettier
- EditorConfig – Adds EditorConfig Support for VS Code
11. Auto Rename Tag
As the name suggests, this extension will rename matching tags like
<html></html> while you edit them. VS code does this automatically for html files but other file formats aren’t supported. To add support for every other format, use this extension. I find it very helpful while using frameworks like React, Vue, Svelte or any other frameworks that use JSX or even XML files.
12. Syntax Highlighting for Apache, yaml and dotenv
- Apache Conf – Highlights syntax for apache configuration files
- Yaml – Adds Yaml language support
- Dotenv – Adds support for dotenv file syntax
13. Settings Sync
Settings Sync helps you to synchronize your settings between multiple machines. Synchronizing settings has become absolutely essential for people in 2020 who are forced to toggle between work and work from home (thanks Corona!) NOTE: To sync settings, there exists a native way to do it within VS Code. I’d suggest using this recommended way instead of the extension. The extension nonetheless serves as an excellent alternate option.
14. Rest Client
If you need to test your API without leaving your IDE, this extension does a great job. Its an alternative to using Postman or Insomnia for the same.
15. Improve Code Readability
- Bracket Pair Colorizer – This extension colorizes matching brackets
- Indent Rainbow – Makes indentation easier to read by adding colours
Bonus: Custom Vscode Icons
This extension adds custom icons for files according to their extension. For example,
package.json files will have an icon with npm written on it, thus making it easier to identify the file.
Bonus Theme: Darcula IntelliJ Theme
Do you prefer Webstorm’s / Phpstorm’s Darcula theme ? If yes, then this extension is for you!
Phpstorm Eslint Not Working
I’m sure that there are tons of other extensions available at VS code’s marketplace. Feel free to try them out and if they’re worth it, recommend them to the dev community as well.
Update VS Code Settings
Once you’ve installed all the necessary extensions, its time to update the settings of your new IDE. To open the settings, you can use the File Menu (Preferences => Settings) or you could hit Ctrl + ,. This will open up your Settings. You can tinker with the settings as you’d like.
Phpstorm Eslint Airbnb
You can also update the
settings.json directly. Hit Ctrl + Shift + P and type
settings.json and then select Preferences: Open Settings (JSON).
You should now have your settings.json file on the screen and could update it as shown below. And you do not need to worry about updating settings of extensions that you haven’t installed. Because, in that case, those settings will simply have no effect. So you could directly copy-paste the following settings –
Phpstorm Eslint On Save
Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
Here are a few new keyboard shortcuts that you might wanna learn to make your life easier.
- Open command Palette => Ctrl + Shift + PORF1 key
- Open Settings => Ctrl + ,
- Select all occurrences of Find match => Ctrl + Shift + L
- Add selection/cursor to next match =>Alt + J
- Jump to matching bracket =>Ctrl + Shift +
To help with your transition, here’s a link to my VS Code Settings. You can most certainly use it as a reference. Also, once you finish setting up your new IDE, feel free to go through the official Tips & tricks.
Hope it helps 😉
PhpStorm Crack 2017 is an intensive development environment for PHP. The application offers a thorough group of features that enable you to generate and take care of powerful assignments and smaller, websites. Convenience and a sizable amount of tools to improve code writing, modeling and research will surely charm to web designers. In PhpStorm 2017, you can re-run PHPUnit assessments automatically with a given hold off. Enable auto-run for a specific configuration, place the hold off value, as well as your exams will be re-run automatically get back delay once you stop editing and enhancing a document. You can even gain access to advanced tools from underneath of the windows.
PhpStorm is a good and all in one cross-platform development environment for dealing with PHP applications. The application form facilitates most popular version control systems CVS, SVN, Perforce and much more. Furthermore, it is suitable for data source management in windows. Eslintrc record to use the matched guidelines and make the IDE formatting more steady with your ESLint construction. However, it includes various features like macros, code evaluation and fast navigation that produce your work easier.
PhpStorm Crack Mac + Windows Activation Code Free Download
Whats New in 2017.3?
Available Features Of PhpStorm Crack:
- Built-in functions for debugging and assessment applications preview and cropping and editing variables.
- Convenient navigation pane, letting you switch between Components of the project.
- Intensive tools for refactoring and code search engine optimization.
- Wise code hint system.
- Fast check validation and integrity of the code
- Local editing background.
- Supports PHPUnit.
More Information About PhpStorm
- Manufacturer: JetBrains
- Certificate: Free Cracked
- Category: Development environment
- Language: English
- OS: Windows/ Mac /Linux
- Size: 226.07 MB
- Latest Version PhpStorm 2017.3 Released
How to Free Crack?
Phpstorm Eslint Autofix
- First of all, Download 30 days Trial Version.
- Next, Install it and Run
- Now Download Cracked From Below
- Unzip it and Run
- Click on Activate Button
- Wait for process
- All done. Enjoy