Encoders 192 kbit/s
For preserving as much sound quality as possible @192 kbit/s SoundExpert recommends compressing music with these coders:
in alphabetical order
AAC [email protected] (NeroRef 1530) - MPEG-4 AAC Low Complexity, VBR, 190.9 kbit/s FBR
AAC [email protected] (NeroRef 1002) - MPEG-4 AAC VBR Low Complexity, 193.3 kbit/s FBR
AAC [email protected] (iTunes 6.0) - MPEG-4 AAC VBR Low Complexity, 195.1 kbit/s FBR
AAC+ [email protected] (Winamp 5.24) - MPEG-4 AAC High Efficiency CBR, 192.7 kbit/s FBR
mp3 [email protected] (iTunes 7.1) - MPEG-1 Layer 3 CBR, 192.3 kbit/s FBR
mp3 [email protected] (Lame 3.97b2) - MPEG-1 Layer 3 VBR, 200.5 kbit/s FBR
mpc [email protected] (1.15v) - Musepack, 193.8 kbit/s FBR
Vorbis [email protected] (aoTuV B4.51) - Ogg Vorbis, 192.8 kbit/s FBR
wma 9.1 [email protected] - Windows Media Audio 9.1 (Standard) CBR, 193.8 kbit/s FBR
Winamp 5.24 Free Download
The ratings above are live. Each time a participant of SE listening test sends a grade - the corresponding rating updates immediately. You can participate as well, it's easy and looks like fun, no need for 'golden ears' or special equipment. Just visit our Testing Room, download a random sample, listen it in headphones and send back your grade. Afterwards corresponding rating will get new value and become more accurate. As the testing is fully blind you'll get to know the device/technology you've tested after sending your grade only. Thanks.
Testing Room ►
You can add a codec/setting to SE listening tests for $50 donation. Please, make your request ►
How to read the ratings
The rating bar consists of the following elements:
- Device or technology being tested.
- Value of actual perceived audio quality (rating) which is also indicated
In most cases using this device/technology:
and - 'low' and 'high' of rating. As each device is tested with nine different sound samples, there are nine different local ratings for a device. In fact, the actual rating is an average of those nine local ratings. The highest and the lowest ones are indicated. Big gap between them means that sound quality of device/technology is not consistent enough. It varies with type of sound material: music of different genres and complexity, voice with or without music, noisy/clear recordings etc. The lowest local rating is more important in this sense as it indicates worst case behavior of tested device.
- Accuracy of rating. It is also indicated by the color of bar - more accurate ratings have darker bars and less percentage values. Accuracy depends on number of grades returned by participants. In most cases 5% or less is OK.
- Ruler for convenient estimation of 'highs' and 'lows'.
For devices with small impairments (not audible in ordinary listening tests) SoundExpert amplifies their sound artifacts to some predefined extent. Ratings of such devices are calculated analytically taking into account both the grades received and the amplification applied. They are above 5th grade on the scale showing certain quality headroom of such devices.
I'm using Winamp 5.24 no problems here. 590 Junior Member. Jul 31, 2004 3 0 0. Jul 22, 2006 #3 I still use 2.95. Sep 2, 2002 11,880 1 81. If not please click here: Winamp 5.24 Lite (1.22 MB) Supported Systems. Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, MD5 Checksum.
Winamp 5.24 Download
- Nullsoft Winamp is a fast, flexible, high-fidelity media player for Windows. Winamp supports playback of many audio (MP3, OGG, AAC, WAV, MOD, XM, S3M, IT, MIDI, etc.) and video types (AVI, ASF, MPEG, NSV), custom appearances called skins (supporting both classic Winamp 1.x/2.x skins and Winamp 3 freeform skins), audio visualization and audio effect plug-ins (including two industry dominating.
- OldVersion.com Points System. When you upload software to oldversion.com you get rewarded by points. For every field that is filled out correctly, points will be rewarded, some fields are optional but the more you provide the more you will get rewarded!
- A leaked version of Winamp 5.8 recently spread over the Internet. Consequently, we have decided to make this new version available to you, revised by us. We therefore recommend that you download this version rather than any other as we guarantee it is safe for you to use.